EAST DIVISION, AB
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are currently seeking experienced OPERATIONS MANAGERS for our East Division. Reporting directly to the Divisional Manager, this position will provide ground level management and support on a wide variety of challenging projects.
- Plan, organize and direct all crews in the construction of roads, and special paving projects.
- Lead the development and management of the construction execution plan, project schedule, and contractual agreements and participate in construction contract dispute resolutions
- Work with Project Managers and Superintendents to determine the efficient use of resources, materials and labour necessary to complete various construction projects in a timely manner.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Ensuring quality control, safety standards and contract specifications are adhered to.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture in everything we do.
- Interact with employees, clients, subcontractors, consultants and the general public as a first point of contact, responsible for facilitating resolution of issues, problems, concerns or disputes.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the division is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience and proven track record in construction operations management within the road construction industry.
- Must possess a minimum of a 2 year Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation preferred.
- Knowledge of the various asphalt materials, mix parameters, compaction theory, quality assurance testing and relevant OHS and environmental regulations.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
- Availability to travel both out-of-town and remote locations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate accommodations, an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including a pension plan, as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth.