PROJECT MANAGER - ROAD CONSTRUCTION
COLD LAKE, AB
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced PROJECT MANAGER for our Cold Lake location. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, this position oversees the management and coordination of civil construction projects for their division and is responsible for estimating and submitting tenders, project scheduling, coordination of resources, quality assurance and quality control, client relations, tracking work, financial reporting, and other tasks as needed.
- Complete oversight for successful execution of assigned projects to meet corporate goals for safety, quality, budge and schedule, in accordance with our core values.
- Understand and interpret tender specification to determine job requirements.
- Attend and participate in onsite meetings with clients, owners, representatives, staff, sub trades, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Examine engineering reports to ensure quality control requirements are met, and apply appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Troubleshoot project concerns such as bad weather, scheduling conflicts, quality control issues, labour issues, contractor and/or client concerns and other unforeseeable matters.
- Monitor and update project schedules.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress estimates to ensure proper payments are received and paid.
- Accurately forecast project profitability, revenue, margins and bill rates.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum of a 2 – 3 year Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- P.M.P. or C.E.T. certification preferred.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in civil construction, complimented by 1 – 2 years’ experience in estimating.
- Previous management experience is an asset.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
- Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate attractive earnings, educational assistance and a comprehensive benefits package including a pension plan, as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth.