HIGHWAYS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, HIGHWAYS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, to work full-time our Edmonton office.
Reporting to the Division Manager and Operations Manager, the Highways Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing total administrative support to Division Management, on a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties.
- Enter and set up job and truck information, and enter data received from haul summaries and haul cards into the tracking software.
- Prepare various spreadsheets in Excel, showing each truck and their daily tonnage. Conduct further calculations on daily and monthly totals.
- Draft, maintain, update and provide supervisors with information on hired drivers and trucks, and ensure that the drivers are registered with the Alberta Sand and Gravel Association.
- Complete EPS Summaries in Excel spreadsheets, by entering burner fuel and AC oil amounts from various company reports and daily tonnages and results from lot paving reports from both the organization and the Engineer.
- Track and monitor the Fatigue Management statistics of the Highway Divisions’ hourly employees, ensuring consistency and continuity when employees move to different jobs.
- Organize interoffice and outgoing mail deliveries, utilizing postal and currier services to ensure on time deliveries.
- Maintain active awareness of Highway Field and Office staff members; whereabouts.
- Draft, edit, and finalize various letters, reports, raw data or other various forms of documentation.
- Other Highways Administrative/Clerical duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- 0 to 6 months experience within the road construction industry preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year office related experience in an administrative or clerical role required.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 10 LBS on a regular basis.
- Basic knowledge of computers and other office equipment.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online. You can also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 780.467.8384.