HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC - ROAD CONSTRUCTION
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, to work full-time within our Edmonton Shop.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing mechanical and electrical issues on a wide variety of road construction equipment, while reducing equipment down time and minimizing repair costs.
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment, including but not limited to pavers, loaders, skid steers, graders, excavators, dozers, backhoes and trucks
- Diagnose, service and repair various systems found on pieces of heavy equipment, such as mechanical and computer electronic controls, air brake systems, transmissions, high voltage generators, propane powered equipment and pneumatic systems.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments to fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires and clutches.
- Diagnose problems, disassemble units, repair or replace parts and re assemble units.
- Maintain service logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Keep tools, equipment and work area clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Other mechanic and shop duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Accredited Journeyman or accredited 3rd or 4th year Apprentice Heavy Equipment Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Technician.
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Knowledge of standard practices, tools, equipment and materials used to maintain and repair motor vehicles and engines.
- Understanding of mechanical components, hydraulics, computerized controls and electronics.
- Overtime as required.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online.
Due to the nature of this position, E Construction Ltd. will not be obtaining a Labour Market Opinion, and can only consider applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada, or those who do not require employer sponsorship to work in Canada.