E CONSTRUCTION LTD
10130 - 21 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T6P 1W7 Telephone: (780) 467-7701 Fax: (780) 467-8384
Various Locations, AB
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal GRADER OPERATORS, for our 2014 construction season, to work full-time in various locations throughout Alberta, including Peace River, Slave Lake, Fort McMurray, Cold Lake, Lloydminster and our Highway Division. Expected start dates between April and May, 2014.
The Grader Operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to dry and prep roads, construct road surface to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix, and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Drive grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry is required.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a Grader is required.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Must have excellent hand, eye and foot coordination, and an excellent sense of balance.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
- Must be available to work both out-of-town and in remote locations.
- Must be available to work overtime, as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate:
- An attractive wage of $28.00 to $35.00 per hour,
- Comprehensive benefits, including Health, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance.
- A pension plan, including company matching contributions
- Educational assistance and ongoing training
- Company provided accommodations (for those who qualify)
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online or by fax to 780.467.8384.