E CONSTRUCTION LTD
10130 - 21 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T6P 1W7 Telephone: (780) 467-7701 Fax: (780) 467-8384
Various Locations, AB
E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal PAVER OPERATORS, for our 2015 construction season, to work full-time in various locations throughout Alberta, including Peace River, Slave Lake, Fort McMurray, Cold Lake, Lloydminster and our Highway Division. Expected start dates between April and May, 2015.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Paver Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt paver. This position operates paving machines to spread and level hot mix paving material on subgrade of highways and streets with the aid of stakes and level gauges to ensure mix is placed to the proper grade and thickness.
- Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Preheat paving screed before placement of asphalt and monitor and control temperature settings of the asphalt mixture.
- Manually light burners to start hearing units of the paver and regulate screed temperature.
- Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver.
- Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
- Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth
- Regulate temperature of asphalt flowing from hopper
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Paver.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Drivers License or equivalent required.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a Paver is required.
- Knowledge of base construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate:
- An attractive wage,
- Comprehensive benefits, including Health, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance.
- A pension plan, including company matching contributions
- Educational assistance and ongoing training
- Company provided accommodations (for those who qualify)
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online or by fax to 780.467.8384.