E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal SERVICEMAN, to work full-time in our Highway Division.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Serviceman/woman is responsible for performing routine, periodic service and inspection on the road construction equipment and vehicles at the work site.
- Change and service vehicle filters.
- Oil and grease bearings and diesel equipment parts to remove excess asphalt.
- Fuel and service road construction equipment fleet and vehicles at remote and in-town job sites.
- Perform belt adjustments and replacement services.
- Maintain tools, equipment and vehicles as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tolls and equipment needed to complete routine duties.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend and participate in daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License, with Air Break endorsement required.
- 1 to 2 years as an equipment serviceman/woman.
- Previous experience within the road construction industry an asset.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation, controls and components.
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and equipment repair.
- Knowledge of oil types and usages.
- Out of town travel is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Must produce a valid and acceptable driver abstract, prior to operating any company equipment.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with and pass the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, company provided accommodations (for those who qualify), excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.