E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are currently looking for a seasonal, full-time ASPHALT PLANT OPERATOR for the upcoming construction season to work in various locations throughout Alberta.
- Safely load asphalt into delivery trucks for transportation to road construction sites.
- Safely operate a bobcat and loader in both narrow and open spaces.
- Control the temperature and mix of asphalt at the plant.
- Effectively work computer controlled equipment used to operate the hot mix asphalt plant.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions, and responds accordingly.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Performing other duties around the asphalt plant as required.
- Physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience operating a hot mix asphalt plant.
- Prior experience operating heavy equipment, such as a loader, is required.
- Prior experience working within a paving company is a definite asset
- Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
- Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol policy, including testing requirements.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Asphalt Plant specific training provided.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, a comprehensive benefits package including pension plan, educational assistance, as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.