E Construction Ltd.
is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are continually seeking bright and innovative Civil Engineers
graduates to join our operations. Students graduating in the spring of 2019, as well as those who have graduated within the past year are welcome to apply to our Graduate Engineer Annual Rotation Program (G.E.A.R). Those accepted into the G.E.A.R. Program will put their skills and talents to work as a Project Coordinator
, gaining experience across our multiple business lines, including Municipal Road Construction, Highway Construction, Concrete, and Quality Control. Successful candidates will be employed for a period of 20 months (with the potential for longer) under different leadership, and will rotate to various work sites through the course of this leadership growth opportunity. Start date, circa early May 2019.
- Responsible for project file set up and activity cost coding, preparation and distribution of job packages to facilitate field operations, maintain safety and other project documentation in file.
- Monitor sub-contractors for compliance, including review and enforcement of sub-contractor checklist (current utility locates, PPE, etc.) and report any violations to the Manager.
- Responsible for supporting and leading all aspects of the company safety program and regulations. This includes completing formal safety inspections and reports as required.
- Ensure sub-contractors are performing their scope of work to design standards and specifications.
- Maintain up-to-date utility locates to ensure site is ready for company personnel.
- Acts as a company representative at all site meetings and as a point of contact for field level questions regarding a project.
- Responsible for collection and confirmation of field quantities for month end progress submissions.
- Collect and record valuable information regarding the execution of a project and issues during construction.
- Responsible for weekly collection of project costing updates.
- Project estimating responsibilities as required including maintaining tendered and negotiated changes.
- Maintain an accurate project budget with regard to change orders.
- Maintain up-to-date short term work schedules of the active projects he/she is involved in.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field testing projects, which include aggregate production, field density, concrete, and asphalt.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Perform duties safely around mobile equipment and have a high sense of safety awareness while working
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum 2 – 3 year Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and/or Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution, or equivalent.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are willing to rotate to a new work site every 2 - 6 months.
- Must be willing to work away from home for long periods of time.
- Effective communication skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Successful candidates will possess a genuine interest in the Road Construction Industry.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
- Ability to work overtime hours as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate attractive earnings, educational assistance and a comprehensive benefits package including a pension plan, as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth and the potential for future long term employment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send cover letter, transcript and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than January 31, 2019.
We thank all candidate for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that this opportunity is only open to those graduating in spring of 2019 or those who have already graduated in 2018.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application.