E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
E Construction Ltd.
is looking for a professional and enthusiastic General Superintendent,
with experience in base work, paving and water & sewer projects,
to work full-time in our East Division
The General Superintendent coordinates and supervises the construction process from the conceptual development stage, through to final construction. The General Superintendent ensures that projects are completed on time and within budget. This position additionally takes a lead role in mentoring, training and developing foremen and superintendents on our Base, Paving and Water & Sewer crews.
The responsibilities of the General Superintendent include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure sufficient deployment and productivity of work crews.
- Engage in open communication with Foremen, Superintendents, Project Managers, Operations Managers and Division Managers and report any issues which could affect project plans.
- Allocate resources where appropriate to achieve project safety, schedule, cost, scope and quality objectives.
- Calculate the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the plant to the work site, based on vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance to the work site, and other variables.
- Place orders and track the timely delivery of asphalt and aggregates from company operated and third party plants.
- Lead and direct people, equipment and resources in the installation of waterlines, sanitary sewer, hydrant vaults, ductile iron, and Victaulic products.
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, subcontractors, equipment and utilize corrective action to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximizing progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Review and adhere to construction schedules, ensuring milestones and completion dates are met.
- Oversee the performance of sub-contractors, ensuring that work is completed on time.
- Read and interpret project plans and specifications.
- Ensure all new hires receive their required orientation, and attend company designated training.
- Monitor and manage employee attendance, ensuring the timely arrival and participation of all crew members, and notifying employees of rain days, prior to the start of the work.
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities, instruct, supervise, lead and direct crews.
- Liaise between the company and employees on a variety of employee related matters.
- Comply with relevant legislation regarding employee management, terminations and resignations.
- Ensure consistent and fair application of the progressive disciplinary policy, as necessary.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- 5 to 10 years’ combined experience in a supervising and managing Base, Paving and Water & Sewer construction projects.
- Knowledge of road construction methods, road construction materials and industry requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth and career advancement, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
We thank all candidate for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We additionally thank recruitment agencies for your interest, however we will not be requiring your services at this time.