E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal PAVING FOREMAN
, to work full-time in our East Division for the 2019 construction season.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Paving Foreman directs and manages all on-site construction workers, subcontractors and equipment, enforcing the company’s direction, policies, procedures and safety standards, while meeting construction deadlines.
The responsibilities of the Paving Foreman include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure sufficient deployment and productivity of work crews.
- Work as a team member and leader to carry out sub-grade preparation, which may include the use of cement powder to stabilize clay.
- User survey equipment to ensure proper grading.
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, sub-contractors and equipment.
- Utilize corrective action as required in order to keep project on time and on budget.
- Identify and execute best practices concerning the efficient use of construction materials.
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximizing progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Liaise between the company and employees on a variety of employee related matters.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Review safe work plans/hazard assessments with crew prior to job commencement.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Operator’s License
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience within the road construction industry
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably as Paving Foreman.
- Knowledge of underground construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, company provided accommodations (for those who qualify), excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.