E Construction Ltd.
is one of Western Canada's largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees. We are currently seeking an experienced seasonal PAVER OPERATOR
to work full-time within our East Division for the 2019 road construction season.
- Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver.
- Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
- Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Class 5 Driver's License
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a Paver is required.
- Knowledge of base construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must comply with the company’s drug Drug and Alcohol, and Fitness testing.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
- Attractive wage
- Health and Dental benefits (and more)
- Employer-matched Pension plan
- Company-provided accommodations (if applicable)
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send in your resume by pressing the "Apply Now" button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.