E Construction Ltd.
is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal BREAKDOWN ROLLER OPERATOR
, to work full-time in our Cold Lake Division for the 2019 construction season.
- Operate the roller and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Safely operate roller in successive overlapping passes over surfaces to be compacted, rolling subgrade and asphalt to desired compaction and smoothness.
- Determine speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures, so that ridges do not form by excessive pressure.
- Operate self-propelled steel-wheeled, rubber-tired, vibrator, segmented, or other type of roller to compact earth, subgrade, sub-base and asphalt surfaces
- Operate the Breakdown roller to massage hot mix asphalt into place.
- Using the Rubber Tire Roller, compress hot mix asphalt to desired compaction.
- Operate the Finish Roller in successive overlapping passes to apply final finish, and remove imperfections with a finish roller.
- Operate Pad Foot Roller, using vibrate when necessary, until ground surface is hard.
- Operate Smooth Drum Roller, to seal subgrade and base surfaces.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Roller.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Drivers License or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience within the road construction industry.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating various Rollers is required.
- Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
We thank all candidate for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.