E Construction Ltd.
is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for professional and enthusiastic, seasonal ASPHALT RAKERS
, to work full-time in our East Division for the 2019 construction season.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Asphalt Raker redistributes the asphalt mix correctly as it leaves the screed and prepares it for rolling. As a member of the paving crew, the Asphalt Raker is responsible for raking asphalt, shoveling excess asphalt, sweeping up debris, and a variety of labour related duties.
- Assess road condition and job requirements.
- Spreading asphalt with a rake using efficient techniques and maintaining a good pace.
- Shoveling excess asphalt, and sweeping up debris.
- Responsible for the proper match points and limits of asphalt mix adjacent to concrete structures, manholes, water valves and other fixtures within the road surface
- Using an asphalt rake, blend and level any seams in the mat, reducing visible marks and seams in the asphalt surface.
- Measure the width of the road using measuring tape, and string line the boundaries of the road surface as a guide for the paver.
- Assist the screed operator with even distribution of asphalt materials over the road surface
- Verify, estimate, and set the angle and depth of the asphalt screed as required.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Shovel asphalt mix into areas inaccessible to paving machines, and compact mix using rakes and hand tampers
- Operate equipment, such as pneumatic hammers, vibrators, tampers, and skid steer when needed.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Other road construction and labour duties as assigned
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in road construction.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience as an asphalt raker required.
- Knowledge of construction methods and road construction materials.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send in your resume by pressing the "Apply Now" button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.