E Construction Ltd.
is one of Western Canada's largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced seasonal TACK TRUCK DRIVER
to work full-time within our East Division for the 2019 construction season.
- Proper machine startup, operation, and shutdown knowledge.
- Operate the distributor safely and efficiently.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to the required work area and emulsion distribution rates.
- Filling asphalt and burner fuel tanks, cleaning and setting spray bars, and cleaning excess asphalt out of tanks.
- Perform daily maintenance checks and report any mechanical or safety issues to supervisors.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Work with the asphalt paving crew when the distributor is not required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Other road construction and labour duties as assigned
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Must have a valid class 1 or class 3 driver's license with air endorsement.
- Must produce an acceptable 5 year Drivers Abstract.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience operating a Tack Truck (Asphalt Distributor).
- Physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
- Prior experience working within a paving company is a definite asset.
- Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send in your resume by pressing the "Apply Now" button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.