E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal BASE FOREMAN
, to work full-time in our East Division, based out of Cold Lake, Alberta.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Base Foreman directs and manages all on-site construction workers, subcontractors and equipment, enforcing the company’s direction, policies, procedures and safety standards, while meeting construction deadlines.
- Ensure sufficient deployment and productivity of work crews.
- Work as a team member and leader to carry out sub-grade preparation, which may include the use of cement powder to stabilize clay.
- Use survey equipment to ensure proper grading.
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, subcontractors, equipment and utilize corrective action to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Ensure subgrade materials and base gravels are laid to contract specifications.
- Identify and execute best practices concerning the efficient use of construction materials.
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximizing progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure company equipment is lawfully operated, cared for, maintained and used effectively.
- Read and interpret project plans and specifications.
- Operate heavy equipment and other construction duties as necessary.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably as a Base Foreman.
- Knowledge of base construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol, and fitness testing requirements.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, company provided accommodations (for those who qualify), excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.