E Construction Ltd .
is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 650 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
We are currently looking for a seasonal, full-time FINISH GRADER OPERATOR
for our 2019 construction season, to work full-time in our East Division .
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Driver grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut.
- Operate Grader on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Ensure grader is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the grader.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Class 5 Drivers License or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the road construction industry, within the past 7 years
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience as a Finish Grader Operator in road construction, within the past 5 years.
- Physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol, as well as Fitness testing requirements.
- Prior experience working within an Asphalt Plant setting is a definite asset
- Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send in your resume by pressing the "Apply Now" button below.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.